Wednesday, November 23, 2011

#2 ---I Thank God For His Protection

This is #2 in my elaboration of my list entitled "I Am Thankful For...".(The others can be located on my blog in numerical order.)

5.  God's Pruning
4.  Unanswered prayers
3.  Direction & Discernment
2.  Protection
1.  My Husband & Children


I am thankful for God's hand of protection over my life and the lives of my family and friends dating all the way back to the birth of my son who almost didn't make it. As a result of such a tragic birth it was confirmed that we name him Noah, which means "God keeps His promises".  

Later, I was involved in a huge car accident that could have taken my life, but I walked away with only a few scratches and minuscule neck pain. And again in 1996 we were faced with another car accident that could have taken the lives of Torrey & our friend Ray. I can't even imagine the other everyday incidents that we aren't even aware of, when God's Sovereign hand of protection allowed us to escape destruction. God is soooo amazing, I just can't praise Him enough.  He is Jehovah Nissi, the Lord my banner(protector) and Jehovah Shammah, He is always with me. 

Having the protection of a heavenly Father is a peaceful confidence that can't be purchased, nor can it be accurately described. Thank you Lord, Thank you Lord, Thank you Lord! 

Happy Thanksgiving,
Polly

No comments:

Post a Comment