Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Pink Envelope

A few years ago I went to my mailbox to retrieve the mail. I don't even know what prompted me to, usually my husband is home before I am and he delights in getting the mail. (inside joke) Opening the door to the mailbox buried beneath the pile of bills, magazines, and coupon advertisements a pink envelope solicited my attention! I love the color pink, so naturally leaving the other mail inside the box, I reached for the pink envelope first.  I quickly flipped the envelope over and to my delight the envelop was addressed to me and written in the most beautiful calligraphy penmanship I have ever seen. In the top left corner the out of state return address was written in the same penmanship, but I didn't recognize the address or who it was from. My curiosity was heightened and naturally I couldn't wait to see what was inside so without delay standing in the middle of my driveway I opened the envelope. The inside flap was decorated with beautiful black & white velum paper meticulously decorated with pink, black and white glimmer jewels. It sparkled in the sun! The penmanship continued as the note read:

April 28, 2011

Dearest Polly,
You may be surprised to receive this letter from me, but I just couldn't resist. I guess I could have just as easily sent my message through Facebook or email, but I knew God was prompting me to hand write this for you. I will take the credit for the color choice and design of the card (I hope you like it and I hope your favorite color is still pink.) however the message is inspired by God. 
     
Polly, your love for God is strong, unwavering and contagious. Yet it makes you a great target for the enemy. In my prayer time today I was drawn to find this quote for you. I had to dig a little deep to locate it but I am so glad I did. I have penned it below. Reading it again for myself, it brought strength to my soul and joy to my heart. I hope it will do the same for you. 
     
Remember God has a great plan. My husband and I are praying for you, Torrey, and the children. No matter what you face today, don't every stop dreaming, don't ever stop trying, don't ever stop obeying, don't ever stop speaking....your destiny awaits. 
Love,
(Mrs. -------)
 Quote by Theodore Roosevelt

It’s not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the door of deeds could have been done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.

Deuteronomy 1:21
 "See, the LORD your God has given you the land. Go up and take possession of it as the LORD, the God of your fathers, told you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."


(Polly adds)
The pink envelope was a word in season. God always knows what we need and exactly when we need it. I hope this quote inspires you to keep moving forward. Many who jump on the ban wagon to criticize those who are actually in the arena, are only doing so because of the lack of determination and motivation they have within themselves.

Those who compare become critical. I have since learned people who are intimidated by you, will talk about you in hopes that others won't find you so appealing.....even so TALK GOOD ABOUT THEM! You will sow a harvest of good.

I am so thankful for my dear friend's letter to me penned with God's message. I hope it encourages you. Don't give up  my friend. You may be tired, weary and worn, but you are still in this journey and He hasn't forgotten about you.

Challenge: even through your struggle take a moment and send a note of encouragement to someone else. You will see even in its simplest form you are sowing good seed and you just may be the words of encouragement they need to take another step.


Blessings,

Polly
Blessings, Polly

No comments:

Post a Comment