Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I received this devotional from a dear friend in Georgia today and I wanted to share with my blog family:


...And the violent take it by force (Written by Jeff Anderson)
Jesus said, "The kingdom suffers violence and the violent take it by force." (Matthew 11:12) I often despise victim mentality so I try to posture myself to not be a victim, and to recognize that pain is a standard occupational hazard for human beings, and particularly those who pose as a threat to our enemy. And so today dawns and through the people I know who were hurting continue to struggle, I personally am not back on my heels reacting like a punching bag for the enemy of my soul. In fact upon reflection, I like the ebb and flow of this life. I won't be surprised or sideline by pain, and I'm going to make the enemy pay for coming after me. It's not braggadocio: it's just a fact in the spiritual sense, I'm a violent man determined to war on behalf of those I love, the kingdom He has established, the widow and the orphan. We Jesus-followers, if our eyes are fixed on his kingdom and his righteousness are forever encroaching our enemy's territory. We're at least a nuisance to him and for some, we are a spiritual force to be reckoned with. I love meeting people like that and aspire to be one myself.  Our enemy's general strategy is to keep humans hopeless and isolated but in the power of the Holy Spirit, we bring them hope and connection. The enemy despises that! This looks like force to the enemy the kind of force that comes when you're gritting your teeth and have filled the cup of your soul to the brim with determination. My prayer is that many of you who have been wounded, sidelined, benumbed and restrained, would regain the gleam in your eye. Be a man or woman of violence. Seek the kingdom as the focus of your life, don't be deterred or distracted! Let's do it.....Jeff


Wow, what an inspiring and motivating blog by Jeff Anderson. Why sit back and watch the enemy hold captive the land and it's inhabitants that God said was yours? Proceed forward, with confidence, determination and a violent strength to have all He has promised. He can't give it to you if you won't get up and take it! I'm walking by faith but acting on what I already know....
Be Blessed,
Polly 

No comments:

Post a Comment