Monday, January 10, 2011

What Am I Worth?


I often tell my children (10 & 16 years old): “Don't compete, God already made you complete! (Noah & Karson) God has already given YOU everything you need to be successful. He designed you perfectly!”

That thought has been heavy on my heart this week, as I have heard from many, via emails and phone calls, who are struggling with rejection. The pain of rejection often times leads to comparing. All too often we look outside of ourselves to measure our worth, when God says measure your-self by my word. I am so thankful He sees my inner part and knows me fully! I don’t have to base my opinion of myself on how others treat me. Unfortunately people will treat you indifferently based on reasons out of your control. And I have learned you have to release them to the Lord, let Him deal with their behavior, but don’t evaluate “who you are” based upon their response to you. Remember too, those people are human and we all make mistakes. If people rejected Jesus we can except to have some reject us.  

So how do you get to the place of contentment in Christ? The answer is: spend time in His presence! The more time you spend reading His word and communing with Him the more you will see the true value of yourself. (I promise!)

He loved you so much He sent His only son to die for you, do you know of anyone else who would be willing to die for you? I can only name maybe two people that might consider dying for me and even then I am not overly confident that they would. But our God sent His son to take our sins and die a tortured death on a cross of humility so that we would have eternal life. And if you were the only one He did it for, He was still willing to take that chance. Now that’s what you call real love!

Don’t be so quick to find your worth in other people, wealth, titles, positions, or possession, they will soon fail you. Seek the one who already proved His love. Start dissecting His “love letters” (the word) to you and find out exactly what He says! You won’t be disappointed friend!



No comments:

Post a Comment